Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:53:34 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@iaces.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100B

Hi,
	I just got a 10/100 Switched hub from Bay and plugged it
into my network. When I plug in my FreeBSD boxes, the hub says
100Mb, cool. The Freebsd boxes say nothing, but a quick ftp of a
10 meg file shows that it's definately moving faster.

	Anyway, the question is, that the FDx light comes on for
both machines, and I don't think it should. The first box is
2.1.7 (maybe 2.1.7.1, I did a CVSup/make world, but I'm not convinced
it worked (/etc/motd and strings /kernel still say 2.1.7), and the
second is 2.2.2.

	Can they Full Duplex light be believed? I also have a Sparc
with an hme card in that does not light up the FDx.

Paul.