Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 07:04:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>, Anders Andersson <anders@hack.org>, Alexis Georges <floating_in_space_@hotmail.com>, <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XML Parsing error with Phoenix 0.4.2

Adam Weinberger wrote:

> *shrug* alane asked for verification of what was causing the error
> messages that people were reporting. I provided it.

Sorry, somehow I managed miss the connection.  Your report is indeed
useful.

> So... then why does phoenix allow building under perl < 5.8.0?

I see what you mean.  I think Alan is trying to make it possible, but it
isn't quite complete yet. You probably noticed that he has set it up to
install the p5-File-Spec port for people who have an old version of Perl
that doesn't come with File/Spec.pm.  Perl 5.6.1 has its own File::Spec,
which is (apparently) new enough for Phoenix's purposes, yet I had runtime
problems before after building with Perl 5.6.1 (I didn't see those error
messages) and you had runtime problems now when building after 5.005_03.
Now it's just a simple matter of finding where the problems come from. :-)
--
Trevor Johnson