Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 1997 16:32:39 -0800
From:      "M.R.Murphy" <mrm@Mole.ORG>
To:        karl@mcs.net, spork@super-g.com
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, dg@root.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, security@freebsd.org, tqbf@enteract.com
Subject:   Re: Blacklisting and being "asked" to deinstall FreeBSD - you heard that right!

> A parallel code track will be online within a few days for those who believe
> that THIS kind of response is unwarranted under ANY circumstances.

It's not often that I ask publicly for a reconsideration of position.
I'd like to do so in this case. I think creation of a parallel code
track would be detrimental to FreeBSD development effort at this
time. There are many out here who have considered such action from
time to time... counting to ten helps.

A loosely-coupled collaborative effort such as FreeBSD is an amazing
thing. I'd be really disappointed to see it fragment over hot words.

--
Mike Murphy  mrm@Mole.ORG  +1 619 598 5874
Better is the enemy of Good