Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 10:22:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
To:        dave@jetcafe.org, hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why don't the sound drivers work with VAT?

if he is dealing with guspnp-6, remember the PNP code caused the GUS (classic)
to not be found. I mentioned a hack around it in sys/sound/gus_wave.c
in the routine gus_wave_init():

  for (i = 0; i < MAX_GUS_PNP; i++ ) {
      if (gus_pnp_found[i] != 0 && gus_pnp_found[i] == hw_config->io_base)
	gus_pnp_seen = 1;
  }
/* XXX */ gus_pnp_seen = 0; /* XXX */

in guspnp-7 and newer, you added the define variable of "NOGUSPNP" for this
function.

--mark.

ps. I have downloaded guspnp-12, and I have yet to try it on our GUS classics
    but once I install the new isa.c stuff I will try it also.