Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 12:50:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Paul Halliday <dp@penix.org>
To:        <alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   AS200 suicide

hi

 It appears my as200 has opted for an easy way out. I awoke this morning
to find the nice blue console with a very strange dump on the screen. Not
thinking much of it and being the fucken idiot that I just rebooted it
without writing any of the info down.

Needless to say, I am getting nothing now. no console, no beeps, and no
static diagnostic led action. 5 on, four flashing.. no mention of
"flashing" in the book.

Ok, I just found a page that I missed in the manual. The box is back up.
I shorted J1(1,2) - to go into mini console booted the box, nothing
happened really cept diag lights stopped flashing. So switched the jumper
back J1(2,3) - main console and now the box is back up.

hmm.. anyone know what may have happened?

Paul H.
"Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"