Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 1997 10:45:47 -0800
From:      Craig Shaver <craig@progroup.com>
To:        Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2940 and ncr target problems re: HELP!! ST32155W - Not detected during probing!!

Stefan Esser wrote:

> On Feb 10, craig@progroup.com (Craig Shaver) wrote:
> > I believe this may point out a significant problem with the driver for
> > the
del ....
> > the target id of the controller hba itself.
>
> This has been fixed in the NCR driver in -current and -stable
> for some time, but the changes had not made it into 2.1.6.
>
> Regards, STefan

Will this be in 2.1.7R?  I was going to try to apply the Tekram patches
to the 2.1.7R sources, and see if I can build a kernel with the tekram
driver.

On another note, will I be able to boot using the GENERIC kernel
against the Tekram controller?  I am under the impression the base
driver will recognize the controller as an 825.

Thanks,

--
Craig Shaver  (craig@progroup.com) (415)390-0654
Productivity Group POB 60458 Sunnyvale, CA  94088