Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2007 22:52:29 +0200
From:      Apatewna <apatewna@yahoo.gr>
To:        Robert Inder <robert@interactive.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portsnap and port versions

O/H Robert Inder έγραψε:

> when it had finished, I cd'd to the directory for "portupgrade", and
> typed "make" and "make install".  Everything seemed to go smoothly, and
> portupgrade-2.1.3.3_1,2 was duly installed.

During installation of portupgrade there is a choice between "new 2.x
version of cdb backend"
and "old 1.85 cdb". The "new" is checked by default.

Could it be that you chose the "new backend" instead of the "old"? I
always choose the old format ONLY.
I run into some similar problems that I haven't found the time to
resolve yet.

--
RTFM and STFW before anything bad happens
Thanasis Rizoulis