Date:      16 Mar 2001 08:47:18 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        Glenn Johnson <glennpj@charter.net>
Cc:        Byron Schlemmer <byron.schlemmer@realtime.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CDRW Woes II

Glenn Johnson <glennpj@charter.net> writes:

> Yes, stop wasting your time switching the drive to different machines
> (unless switching it to a Linux or Windows machine).  Your drive is not
> the problem.  The problem is that burncd does not work with some ATAPI
> CD-R/RW drives.

Firstly, let me apologise for starting a separate thread on this, but
if you look at my new post in CDRW Issues - Solution! thread, you'll
see that we have part of a solution.

It works fine, right up until the time that we compile a new
kernel. We can do a make buildworld, make installworld, reboot, and it
keeps working. But as soon as we recompile the kernel, thud. We have
the following in the kernel :

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device          ata0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
device          ata1    at isa? port IO_WD2 irq 15
device          ata
device          atadisk                 # ATA disk drives
device          atapicd                 # ATAPI CDROM drives
device          atapifd                 # ATAPI floppy drives
device          atapist                 # ATAPI tape drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID           #Static device numbering
#options        ATA_ENABLE_ATAPI_DMA    #Enable DMA on ATAPI devices

So now I'm _REAL_ sure that it's not the drive :)

Also is there somewhere that I can see the list of supported devices
for burncd ?

Thanks,

-Wayne
--