Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:33:48 +0100
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        Hendrik Hasenbein <hhasenbe@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
Cc:        Jacky Jack <jackyjack@hotmail.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Promise TX2300

Am 17.01.2006 um 13:36 schrieb Hendrik Hasenbein:

> Daniel O'Connor wrote:
>> On Tuesday 17 January 2006 13:32, Jacky Jack wrote:
>>> Booting off of the 6.0-RELEASE-i386-bootonly or disc1 with a
>>> Promise TX2300
>>> card installed causes my box to reboot at the bootloader.  Once
>>> the card is
>>> pulled out I can boot off of either ISO's.
>>>
>>> Is there any known issues with the TX2300 card?
>> I've had problems with Promise FT100/TX2 controllers with those
>> symptons. Also I have seen the loader spin dumping register info
>> until you press the reset switch.
>
> I got a Promise 300TX2plus (no RAID) and have the same problems.
> The onboard SIL 3112 also triggers reboots.

FWIW, with a TX4 it reboots if any disks are attached to the
controller.  Everything is fine if there are no disks.  This is with
a Promise BIOS from around a year ago.

Booting from hard disk is not a problem, only cdboot.

Stefan

atapci0@pci1:3:0:       class=0x018000 card=0x3318105a
chip=0x3318105a rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'Promise Technology Inc'
     device   = 'PDC20318(??) FastTrak SATA150 TX4 Controller'
     class    = mass storage

--
Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 170 346 0140