Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2008 07:00:07 GMT
From:      Daniel Roethlisberger <daniel@roe.ch>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/119844: security/nmap 4.53 has been released (we missed 4.21, 4.22, 4.23, 4.50, 4.51, 4.52 already)

The following reply was made to PR ports/119844; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Roethlisberger <daniel@roe.ch>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Cc: dan@obluda.cz
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 07:50:33 +0100

 Please do NOT commit this PR.  See ports/119673 with my maintainer
 update to 4.52.  An update to 4.53 will follow after ports/119673 is
 committed and all went well.

 Thanks anyway for your work.  If you think your patch handles anything I
 missed in ports/119673, please drop me an email.

 Just for the record, there have been no stable releases between 4.20 and
 4.52, so we missed not a single one.  Using nmap for professional work
 on a regular basis, reliability is more important to me than bleeding
 edge new features.  Therefore, I am not too inclined to track unstable
 -ALPHA, -BETA, -RC, -SOC and -whatnot snapshots with the port.

 --
 Daniel Roethlisberger <daniel@roe.ch>