Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 1995 10:29:37 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        jdli@linux.csie.nctu.edu.tw (Chien-Ta Lee)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: EXT2FS support

It seems that Chien-Ta Lee said:
> 	1. does ext2fs support QUOTA ?

I don't think so. The Linux ext2fs code has been modified for quotas just a few
weeks ago (quotas have  been a semi-working  thing for months in Linux). It
has probably not been modified for BSD quotas.

> 	2. is ext2fs default async (i think so) ?

Yes.

> 	3. do we have any ext2fs-tools such as e2fsck (important) and mke2fs ?
> 	   (if we mount ext2fs read-write and system crashes, will the
> 	    system fsck ext2fs-partition while rebooting ?)

Not yet. One  should try to  port  the libext2.a/so  before that though.  I
don't know if Lites' code (that's what we're using for ext2fs) support that.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #9: Mon Dec 25 22:55:52 MET 1995