Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 95 09:35:00 PST
From:      "Cho, Jae H." <JHCHO@scicomp.elan.rdyne.rockwell.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   No mouse response in X

Hi,

I got 2.0's kernel reconfigured for Logitech's
3 button busmouse(model P7) with mse0(irq 12).
and  modified XF86Config file accordingly(Logitech
and  /dev/mse0).  X3.1 starts up fine but the mouse
pointer seems to have found its favorite spot and
would not move.  When I get out of X  with
Ctrl-Alt-Bksp, I see the following message:

Waring: unable to get status of mouse fd(Operation
not supported by device)

I didn't run MAKEDEV against mse0 initially because
the file was already there.  I did it anyway and still no
response!!

I think I am lost in the clue forest.  This question must
have been asked over and over but I am new at this.
Could someone kindly tell me what I missed?
Many thanks!

Jae