Date:      Tue, 30 May 2006 14:48:46 +0200
From:      David Landgren <david@landgren.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache not building its own modules (e.g. mod_alias)

porters,

I'm having great difficulty tracking what's going wrong here. I'm trying
to build Apache 2.0 with the following:

cd /usr/ports/www/apache20
make PREFIX=/home/apache20 \
APR_UTIL_WITH_BERKELEY_DB=yes \
APR_UTIL_WITH_LDAP=yes \
WITH_MODULES="access alias auth auth_ldap headers info ldap mime proxy
proxy_connect proxy_http rewrite status ssl" \
WITH_STATIC_MODULES="access alias auth auth_ldap headers info ldap mime
proxy proxy_connect proxy_http rewrite status ssl" \

At the end of this, I get

# sbin/httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
   core.c
   mod_auth.c
   prefork.c
   http_core.c
   mod_mime.c
   mod_status.c
   mod_info.c
   mod_rewrite.c
   mod_so.c

And no mod_*.so files created either. I can build some modules
dynamically. For instance mod_access can be built, and I get a
libexec/apache2/mod_access.so at the end. But some things just don't get
built no matter what I try, such as mod_alias.

The lack if mod_alias, for instance, causes Redirect to go unrecognized
in the config file, and so on.

I must be doing something wrong; any clues gratefully received.

Thanks,
David

--
Much of the propaganda that passes for news in our own society is given
to immobilising and pacifying people and diverting them from the idea