Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 2015 05:54:16 +0300
From:      clutton <clutton@zoho.com>
To:        python <python@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        kwm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: new numpy

On Sun, 2015-06-21 at 05:12 +0300, clutton wrote:
> Hi list. Hi python fellows.
>
> I need new numpy, since old one doesn't work nice with python3.
> I was porting pitivi and it requires third python, so I'm here.
>
> I'm not a big fun of python, and numpy is a big thing, with a lot of
> people relying on it, can I update it by myself?
> To be honest I'm lazy and prefer not to :), but my needs of pitivi could
> beat my laziness.
>
> Include me in the answer, since I'm not subscribed to this list.

https://olivier-freebsd-ports.googlecode.com/hg/Mk

I've found new pitivi port here (I checked only bugtracker before
starting...), too late for me, because everything is almost done.
Anyway, I have a courage to edit few things.

1: numpy is a run dependency
2: scimath isn't needed, we need to update numpy and it would work well
without this.
3: USUS = python:3+[,build] I think build is not needed, because it
needs python to run the whole thing, and it require at least 3.0 python,
so, it would be nicer not to bind it here and use everything available.

I'd like to help in any possible way to make it pass through sooner.