Date:      Tue, 15 May 2012 07:22:59 +0200
From:      Rainer Hurling <rhurlin@gwdg.de>
To:        fjoe@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   x11-toolkits/wxgtk29

In the ports we find version 2.9.2 of wxGTK2 with source tarball from
2011-07-04. There had been many improvements and 2.9.3 is released since
2011-12-14.

I am the maintainer of math/saga and I am trying to prepare my port for
the upcoming SAGA GIS version 2.1.0, which needed at least wxGTK2-2.9.x.
With version 2.9.2 there are some strange string conversion errors and
there is a good chance that they are solved in a newer version.

Are there any plans to update the port version to 2.9.3 (or to
forthcoming 2.9.4) in the near future?

Thanks in advance,
Rainer Hurling