Date:      Sat, 19 Mar 2011 13:02:43 +0800
From:      Martin Wilke <miwi@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP] Ports Infrastructure Changes

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Philip M. Gollucci
<pgollucci@p6m7g8.com>wrote:

> On 3/19/2011 12:51 AM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> > On 3/18/2011 9:49 PM, Martin Wilke wrote:
> >> Hey,
> >>
> >> as the Ports Collection continue to grow, we have decided to
> >> do some changes to the category layout. The www category, second
> >> largest with over 2000 individual ports, will have three subcategories
> >> spinned out. On the other side, x11-servers category, with only
> >> 10 ports, will be folded into regular x11 category.
> >>
> >> Attached is a proposed list of ports being moved from the www category.
> >> Please review, discuss and report ommissions and mistakes. The general
> >> key to the new categories is as follows:
> >>
> >> www-clients - browsers, rss clients, wget-alike, webapi/soap clients,
> >> benchmarks
> >> www-servers - http servers, proxy servers, everything related to apache
> What is the plan for updating all the *_DEPENDS line?  esp libapreq,
> mod_perl ?

Plan is like this:

I will start working on my own portstree to fix all dependencies,  when am
done what should go fast, exp-run and portmgr review my patches for Mk/,
waiting for exp-run results, fixing
all fallouts, rerun exp-run, and request repocopies... and finally commit..