Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 1995 10:21:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Eric Chet <echet@coil.com>
To:        Volker Paepcke <scratchy@vulcan.franken.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cc1 signal 11

On Wed, 28 Jun 1995, Volker Paepcke wrote:

> > From: Eric Chet <echet@coil.com>
> > Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 14:07:40 -0400 (EDT)
> > Sender: questions-owner@FreeBSD.ORG
> >
> > Hello
> > 	I have been trying to compile rayshade for FreeBSD 2.0.5R.
> > I get an error I don't know how to solve.
> >
> > "cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11"
> >
> > Could somebody give me some pointers in tracking this down?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Eric -- echet@coil.com
> >

> Compile the offending file without optimizing. This should help If I
> remember right. I can't tell You more specific bescause I don't have
> access to my machine at work right now. If You have any questions about
> rayshade drop me a note :-)
>
> volker

Hello
     I got it to compile with the optimizer off for transform.c.  I
was compiling the last official version from Craig Kolb 4.0.6.  I know
there is a net version 4.1 with all the bug fixes from the mailing list
included but the site is down.  The site was "tbird.cc.iastate.edu"  do
you know of another site for the net version?  If you don't know
RTNews is now on WWW.
"ftp://ftp-graphics.stanford.edu/pub/Graphics/RTNews/html/index.html"
Rayshade runs very well under FreeBSD 2.0.5.  I'm now going to get
Radiance going.

Thank you for your time and help, Eric
echet@coil.com