Date:      Sat, 22 May 2004 20:04:51 -0500
From:      "William M. Grim" <wgrim@siue.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Jails: An rc.d script

--------------000701030804000503040700

Hi!

I've written an rc.d script that can start/stop/restart jails, if they
follow a certain pattern of setup.  I'm strongly considering the
placement of this in ports or base (ports seems most appropriate).

Basically, if you have jails in /usr/local/var/jail/<IP>, my script can
start it up automatically, as long as the IP is reachable by `host` (I
know, it requires a little more work to remove this dependency for
192.168. addresses, etc).

However, I was wondering if anyone would want to test it?  All you have
to do is take my attached script and place it in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/.
If you have your jails located somewhere else, then edit the JAILBASE=
line in the script.

I would appreciate any constructive criticism about this script so that
I can make it better.  If you have any improvements you make, feel free
to send them to me as well.  I'll attempt to make it better over time
and to write a man page for it.

Many thanks.

--
William Michael Grim
Student, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville

--------------000701030804000503040700--