Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:55:58 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.4-RELEASE

--==_Exmh_-1460736978P

If memory serves me right, Mike Hogsett wrote:

> I would just like to send some good news to freebsd-stable regarding
> my experience with 4.4-RELEASE thus far.
>
> I have had no problems whatsoever with 4.4-RELEASE.  Everything I need
> from the machine is working great.

I'm glad to hear that things are working for you, but the release isn't
*quite* ready to go yet.  Yes, the release branch has been made, and the
release tag has been laid down, but there were some last-minute things
that came up that needed addressing.

There'll be a message on -announce saying that the release is really
really ready, at which point you might want to update your system again.

(See the message with the id <20010915184404Y.jkh@freebsd.org> in the
mailing list archives for more info.)

Cheers,

Bruce.