Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:08:43 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        Kliment Andreev <klimenta@futurebit.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fxp, xl, rl device timeouts

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Kliment Andreev wrote:

> > I am receiving several:
> > fxp0: device timeout
> > xl0: watchdog timeout
> > rl0: watchdog timeout
>
> man fxp, man rl...Problem with the network connection, cable. Do you
> have any other machines on the same network having similar problems?

	I've read the man pages and this happens on several different
	segements, different cables, different cards and the switches
	never report port problems.

	Several other machines on the same network(s) never report
	problems.

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
-
 "Wouldn't it be great if we could answer people with a
  kick to the crotch?"  -maddox@xmission.com