Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 08:51:56 -0500
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>
To:        junkmale@xtra.co.nz
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Walnut Creek or Cheapbytes

Dan Langille wrote:

> Cheapbytes sells the CDROMS for less than Walnut Creek.  Does FreeBSD
> receive anything from Walnut Creek?
>
> I'm looking for incentive to buy from WC instead of CB.

You mean besides the fact that you get four CDs with WC versus one CD
with CB. I'm no spokesman for WC (ask Jordan for that :)) but I like the
product. Shipping will probably be higher for NZ, but that includes the
installation CD (1), a live filesystem (in case you really botch up and
need the executables) (2), a CVS repository (on it's own disc) (3), and
some docs and extra utilities (4). Disc 4 also has the non-restricted
ports distfiles, as well as the /usr/ports dir.

>From CB's description page: Note: Due to the size of FreeBSD 2.2.7,
various non-critical package files have been removed in order to produce
a single CD.

Take with a grain of salt.
--
Kris Kirby