Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 1995 12:34:59 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        bah6f@server.cs.virginia.edu
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -current kernel not compiling

>I just sup'ed the latest -current, and now my kernel won't compile:
>
>In file included from ../../pci/aic7870.c:35:
>../../i386/scsi/aic7xxx.h:220: conflicting types for `ahcintr'
>./ioconf.h:13: previous declaration of `ahcintr'
>../../i386/scsi/aic7xxx.h:220: warning: redundant redeclaration of
>`ahcintr' in same scope
>./ioconf.h:13: warning: previous declaration of `ahcintr'
>*** Error code 1
>
>Is there anything I can do to help it along, or should I just sit and
>wait?  I did a 'make all install' on the rest of the OS, so I have
>problems with 'w', 'who', 'ps' and the like because they're new, but
>the kernel isn't.

The ahc driver used eisaconf now.  You will have to change how your
kernel config file configs any ahc devices.  Look in the LINT and
GENERIC config files for examples.  You should also be on the -curren and
-commit mailing lists if you are going to track -current.  This issue has
already been discussed there.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations