Date:      Fri, 05 Jul 2002 18:24:59 -0500
From:      Christopher Schulte <schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org>
To:        freebsd-reply@akruijff.dds.nl, User 109 <user109@thefront.homelinux.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade

At 01:07 AM 7/6/2002 +0200, Alex wrote:
>U1> I want to patch 4.4 production machines for the libc & ssh issue, without
>
>RELENG_4_4 - security updates and seriously critical fixes for 4.4
>RELENG_4_4_0_RELEASE - original source (not recommended)

According to the security advisory, RELENG_4_4 was not fixed in regards to
the resolver bug.  4.4 is not a supported release.

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-02:28.resolv.asc

Second, no security advisory was released for the most recent OpenSSH
bug(s), as the version shipped was not vulnerable.  However, there were
other problems with the OpenSSH that was whipped with FreeBSD
4.4-RELEASE.  See http://www.freebsd.org/security/index.html for all the
security advisories.

--
Christopher Schulte