Date:      Fri, 05 Oct 2001 17:14:18 +0100
From:      tariq_rashid@lineone.net
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: start topology "hub" ipsec vpn / routing?

"However, it's rather easy to set up a simple way
to "let the hub know" which IP it is coming from."

i'd love to know! i've only ever seen people write scripts to send/receive IP info when a new IP is allocated. having a script listening on the server "hub" seems an ugly hack!

i gave up looking for the "correct" solution with racoon ("let the hub know which ip address i'm coming from") as people seemed to agree that it wasn;t possible!

i'm intrigued!

tariq

racoon does not have any built it measures for dynamic ip allocation.  However, it's rather easy to set up a simple way
to "let the hub know" which IP it is coming from.  I have this working all over the place.  isakmpd should not be any
problem with the routing, you'll (I'm sure) have to have some scripting to do routing, etc anyhow.

Eric