Date:      Sun, 13 May 2012 17:33:40 +0400
From:      Vahid Shokouhi <vahid@vahid-shokouhi.net>
To:        mahdieh salamat <mahdieh.salamat@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Single user mode

Hi
Yes, it is possible to gain access via single-user, but single-user
mode is for root user to configure something as he likes; but if the
machine is accessible for others, you need to edit "/etc/tty"  to prompt
for a password in single user mode, although keep in mind anyone with
physical access to the machine can still retrieve your data through
various methods.
in /etc/tty note "secure" term which actually has different meaning. It
means that you consider, for example "console" as a secure mode; so you
have to change it to "insecure".
After rebooting and entering single user mode, you will be prompted for
a password to get to the shell prompt.