Date:      Thu, 01 Jul 1999 12:59:19 -0700
From:      Mike Thompson <mpthompson@home.net>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   New web service using FreeBSD servers exclusively

I thought that I would pass along to everyone that my partners and I
have just launched a major new web service that uses Intel servers
running FreeBSD 2.2.8 exclusively.  We have been extremely happy with
the software development process under FreeBSD and we constantly
remind ourselves how good our choice was to choose FreeBSD early on
in the development cycle.

If anyone want's to take a look, the URL is "www.atomz.com".  We don't
yet have a credit graphic for FreeBSD on the site, but we are working
on it right now.  If someone can send some URLs that show how other
companies running FreeBSD servers have credited FreeBSD, this would
help me out.

We are entering a very competitive market on the web and we have
noticed that most of our competition has choosen that other
Unix-like OS or even worse, that OS from Redmond.  In any case, we
hope that choosing FreeBSD will be one of the reasons we will leap
ahead of the competition and stay ahead.

By the way, if you like the service at "www.atomz.com" please feel
free to join -- it's free.  Also, the more members we get the more
FreeBSD servers we will need :-).

Mike Thompson
CT0/Co-Founder
mike@atomz.com