Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 15:53:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Matt's Commit status (was Re: 3.2-stable, panic #12)

I second this.  Even if it's a bit painful, somebody who has been working
diligently at this needs to be able to be make their work usable quickly.
I would guess that not too many things hinder progress, or quash desire
more than fixes to problems languishing.

There has to be some middle ground somewhere that lets Matt get his fixes
in quickly, and still doesn't ruffle too many core feathers.

I had the opportunity to hear some of the core side recently, and I
certainly sympathize or empathize with the issue, but nobody else has
stepped up to fix the NFS problems, and I would like to see this
opportunity capitalized on.