Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:27:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      User A <a@drdb139.cc.nih.gov>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        aling@capu.net
Subject:   Recommended video for XFree86 3 or 4 on 4.3R or -stable (AMD Athlon)?

Hi all,
   I'm still in the dark* getting X to do anything better than 320x200 using
an integrated S3 KM133 Savage chip set.  Thinking of buying relatively cheap
AGP/PCI video card to use until I can get it to work.  Would like something
that works under both X 4 and 3.3.6 if possible.  I've browsed xfree86.org,
but it's difficult to guage stability & possible interaction with FBSD & AMD.
Anyone have reports of video hardware which works well (under X) on Athlon?
Many thanks in advance.
Alex Ling

*http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=2621294+2626239+/usr/local/www/db/text/2001/freebsd-questions/20010603.freebsd-questions

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1634421+0+current/freebsd-ports