Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 97 13:33:36 +0200
From:      garyj@frt.dec.com
To:        joerg_wunsch@interface-business.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: exmh question

j@ida.interface-business.de writes:
> Hi,
>
> setting up a customer's machine, i thought it might be a good idea to
> provide them with exmh, as opposed to one of the text-based MUAs i
> prefer for myself.
>
> Well, i'm logged in via ssh, so i'm using ssh's X11 proxying/
> forwarding.  emxh doesn't seem to like this very much:
>
> BgRegister X server insecure (must use xauth-style authorization); command ig
 -nored

> Can anybody tell me what's the way out?  (I'm not convinced the X
> server is really insecure, but ssh's proxy inherits all the xhost
> settings of the server it's acting on behalf of.)

this is a tk thing. I get around it by always making tk with TK_NO_SECURITY
(or something like that). Try looking at the tk man pages, maybe you'll
find a hint.

> Also, the exmh 2 port from the 2.2.2 CD constantly whines:
>
> {couldn't execute "folders": no such file or directory}

there should be a /usr/local/lib/exmh<version>/folders.tcl file. Maybe
it's missing ? Mine's not executable but it still works.

> Should i revert to the version 1.something?  (I don't wanna spend too
> much energy into this minor issue.)

I'm running exmh-2.0zeta and it works just fine for me.

---
Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
					(home) garyj@muc.de
					(play) gj@freebsd.org