Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:01:32 -0400
From:      Richard Scranton <scrantr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: questions-digest V3 #375

Has anyone ever used FreeBSD as a printer?  I have a client who wants
to capture information from a security system.  The system currently
logs information to a printer on a parallel port.  It makes no allowance
for anything more permanent or useable, so my options are limited
to either OCR scanning (yechh) or putting something in place of the
printer that can record the data as it is logged.  Can the FreeBSD
parallel printer port be used as a tty-style input device?

Thanks for any ideas or pointers.  -rs
Richard Scranton - LDA Systems - Information Management Consulting
scrantr@ix.netcom.com  Columbus Cincinnati Cleveland Toledo Atlanta