Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:08:37 -0700
From:      lewwid <lewwid@telusplanet.net>
To:        =?windows-1252?Q?Erik=20Paulsen=20Sk=E5lerud?= <erik@pentadon.com>, Mark.Andrews@isc.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freebsd 4.7.2 DHCP Spamming

I was going to try the dhcp-client-identifier but it sounds like that won't solve the issue as it's on their
end, according to the fella that works there.  I'm going to try and call him tomorrow and see if I can't get
this suspension lifted as I knew it was unrelated to me.  For whatever reason my box chooses the secondary, and bamm
I have a bunch of ips.  In fact, 146 the last time it happened.

Hopefully this will change the tune of this Acceptable Use policy department... dumping on customers.  If I owned
Shaw I would treat customers over 5 years with gold. (been with them for 6 years)  They claimed that I was magically rooted, doing this on purpose, blah blah blah.

I'm betting they will still blame it on me.  It's a Canada wide problem too.. I've seen posts from van.help@shaw.ca (vancouver)
all the way out east.. somewhere in Ontario.

Thanks for the heads up Mark, I appreciate it.

Jeff.