Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:33:58 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Andy [Tecc Nops]" <andy@tecc.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: loading freebsd-unix

Andy [Tecc Nops] <andy@tecc.co.uk> types:
> Hmm, you obviously missed the thread "Re:dual boot pain"
> If you can get OSs onto diff physical hard drives them have
> them boot tell me how please. I've only managed to partition
> the first drive and install/boot from there.

There are lots of ways. You can use booteasy to install boot0cfg on
both disks. When you boot, you get a prompt to use F1 to boot that
disk, and F5 to go to the other disk. Hitting F1 boots, F5 gets the
same prompt on the other disk.

There are lots of ways to screw this up, though. For instance, Windows
won't boot off anything but the first hard disk in the system. If the
OS you're booting doesn't chain and booteasy doesn't know how to boot
it, you'll have to use something that knows how to boot it. And so on.

	<mike