Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 2003 23:50:06 +0100
From:      "Michael Carr" <sphaleotas@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        "FreeBSD Chat" <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FYI: Plan9 open sourced

Bakul wrote:

> I personally feel more words mean more pain for all (and feel lawyers
> should be given a "budget" of words to fashion a contract out of) but the
> intent seems clear to me (but I am not a lawyer etc.).

But if the intention of the license is to exact strictly minimal obligations
from the user, such as the BSD license makes completely explicit, then
logically (and not just legally), why should it be necessary to employ
something other than a BSD license?

The devil would be precisely in the (extraneous) detail ...

Regards,

Michael