Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 19:38:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fonts with .bdf extension

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Doug White wrote:

> > I have been trying to install some Thai fonts for use with Netscape. I've
> > found many how-to's about post script fonts, but these fonts have a ".bdf"
> > filename extension and I'm unsure how to use them.
> >
> > Can I use .bdf fonts? What are they? and How can I use them?
>
> Good question.  The font tutorial at
> http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/fonts/fonts.html doesn't mention them, so
> I have this feeling they aren't supported.

I managed to install them, thanks to directions provided by
uecthai@fedu.uec.ac.jp.  Here's how:

	extract fonts into a directory (eg path/tfonts)
	cd path/tfonts
	mkfontdir
	xset fp+ path/tfonts
	xset fp rehash

Still one problem: when I reboot, they are gone again. How can I make the
font a permanent addition?

Ken Marsh