Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 1996 13:20:31 -0700
From:      Richard Stanford <richards@herald.net>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   IP aliassing.

When specifying IP aliases, I seem to be able to get to them correctly
whether I specify de0 (network interface) or lo0 as the interface to
alias.  Most of the examples I have seen use the ethernet IF as the one
to alias ... is there a reason for this?

If the lo0 shouldn't work, I must be doing something wrong ... if it is
supposed to work, would it increase overhead as opposed to the de0
approach?  Or reduce it?

TIA!

-Richard