Date:      Sat, 11 May 2002 17:46:12 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        jetman516@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can the WMP11 Work w/ 4.5-RELEASE ?

In message: <OE20PIxkcY4lX0hyiqL0000ba08@hotmail.com>
            "The Jetman" <jetman516@hotmail.com> writes:
:
:     Folks:  I found a recent set of patches in the mail list archive that
: support the Linksys WMP11.  Can these patches be applied to 4.5-RELEASE
: against the appropriate files and if so, how and where would one d/l the
: just those patches in their native (ie. untranslated, no =<hex>) form ?

Not really.  4.6-RELEASE will have them.  An expert could easily make
wi from today's stable work on 4.5-release, but a novice would have
problems.

: gateway/firewall and file server.  Is -STABLE really good (ie. stable) enuf
: that I could deploy it in a client's office and walk away from it (so to
: speak) ?  I'm pretty sure it is, bec I've seen nothing but success since
: jumping into the FreeBSD pool, but I'll ask bef I try it for the 1st time.

Stable is fine.  I use it on several of my routers/access point things.

Warner