Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 1995 13:54:25 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey <jhs@freebsd.org>" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        John Beukema <john@winjef.somerset>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hanging boot

> I have the same problem but I do not know how to fix my /etc files.

I can't remember the filename I fixed to stop it on mine,
but more importantly, this is the technigue I successfully used to find it:
	cd /etc
	grep {gateway numeric ip address of my local master freebsd that
		stores my 2.0.5 dist/ & from which I built my slave} *
	grep -i {textual name of master} *
	go & edit out the (by now fairly obvious) probable line,
	test by reboot of slave
	(hint I think the keyword gateway was there)

My slave host has gone to England, (& off the Internet), so I can't check it.

Julian S