Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 1996 20:25:28 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        jehren@jehrenkrantz.whyy.org (Jeffrey Ehrenkrantz)
Subject:   Re: MO Problem !!

As Jeffrey Ehrenkrantz wrote:

> >1024-byte sectored media are not yet really supported.
>
> arggggggggggh! i just finished ftping 2.15 allday onto my recently aquired
> tahiti ala msdos 1024-b sec.
>
> J"org, is 1024 in the works?

It's not as much a problem of the device driver, you should be able to
read and write raw data through the `od' driver.  It's rather a matter
of the file system code, and i don't see an easy solution.

> who's the keeper of the current development?

You? :)

However, as far as i know you should be able to get 512-byte sectored
media for the drives as well.

--
cheers, J"org