Date:      Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:31:01 +0200
From:      Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>
To:        Kees Jan Koster <kjkoster@kjkoster.org>, FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        kjkoster@kjkoster.org
Subject:   Re: Opera 7b4 does not render frames properly

On Sunday 31 August 2003 12:17, Kees Jan Koster wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am using Opera 7 beta 4, from the ports. I access Java's API site
> quite a bit, but Opera craps out after a few visits.
>
> After starting Opera I surf to http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/. I
> then browse around a bit and after a while I return to the API page. I
> can still see the frame outlines, but the pages are grey.
>
> I witnessed this behaviour on my laptop and my desktop machine (Opera 7,
> FreeBSD 4.9-prerelease). All my ports are up to date as of today.
>
> The Opera knowledge base site is so confusing that I cannot even search
> properly. I cannot tell if Opera 7b7 is going to fix this issue or not.
> Is there anyone running b4 that can confirm/deny my story? Is there
> anyone running b7 that can tell me if they are seeing the same
> behaviour?
>
> Please keep me CC'd as I am not on the list.

Hi Kees Jan,

This is a known bug in B4, it has problems with frame pages. You'll see the
same behavior on Google Groups, for example. All betas after B4 don't have
this problem.

The updated port for B7 is in PR ports/56181
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=56181), but so far I haven't
found a committer to commit it.

Best regards,

Arjan