Date:      Sun, 06 Apr 2003 21:43:49 -0400
From:      Jud <judmarc@fastmail.fm>
To:        alokgovil@hotmail.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD with GRUB existing

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 15:24:57 -0400, <alokgovil@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam:
>
> I installed FreeBSD 4.7-Release onto my system which already had GRUB
> Bootloader (to choose between Windows 2000 and Red Hat Linux 8.0).
> During
> FreeBSD installation setup for bootloader, I chose "None" since
> bootloader
> is already there.
>
> Installation went on fine, but when I rebooted the machine, there was no
> entry for FreeBSD in the existing bootloader.  :-(
>
> Note:  During the partitioning step, I chose to install FreeBSD '/' on
> disk
> 1, and 'swap' on disk 2.
>
> Please help.

I am likely not understanding you correctly, but -

You did not say that you changed your GRUB configuration (menu.lst) file.
FreeBSD does not automagically reconfigure GRUB.  You must add the proper
FreeBSD entry yourself.  To see an example FreeBSD menu.lst entry, look at
the GRUB documentation on the Web at

http://www.gnu.org/manual/grub/html_node/Configuration.html#Configuration

Jud