Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:46:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Erin Emerson <emer2616@uidaho.edu>
To:        Lucas Bergman <lucas@slb.to>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Please return email ASAP?-->  Also, suggested projects, challenges, unfinished BSD projects (to help with).   SUGGESTIONS for new design projects (to someone who is relatively new at organizing/COMPLETING new projects on my own (while in a state of CHAOS..)        WOULD LOVE TO CONTRIBUTE TO ANY OTHER FreeBSD projects..  SUGGESTIONS?    (Trying to get out and 'network' w/ people to 'volunteer'/do projects/design with others..)

I am not entirely new...   (but I could definitely use quite a bit of
further develop/.

(I am new to FreeBSD.)  (experience w/ Linux & System V...)  Still
relatively new with many aspects of administration....

Thorough C++ knowledge and (some experience w/ assembly,  shell script
writing, Perl)  And Computer Organization..   Have (built up & maintained)
my own Linux system for ..   (+MUCH experience with PROBLEM-SOLVING, (BUG-FIXES) &....
                  (Love a good challenge and to design..)
(Working to begin writing/ my own OS)<--  (Once I complete
this, I will no longer be new...--> Current: at a level to begin))

Also:  worked as Assistant System Administrator (short period of time),
very ?rudimentary? <--(relative statement)  .....

I do like a good challenge...   (especially something which has not been
completed yet...

---------------------------------------

  SO I WAS WONDERING IF I COULD HAVE some MORE INFORMATION on HOW the
  device drivers for (the PCMCIA card) and the (WAV/LAN card) were
  written.

and find a way (more study here) to make the driver boot with the rest
of the kernel..  (In the original installation boot (I need: study more
here (differences in kernel boots (design of &..))

          -I Need to include configuration file in initial boot.
                                   (Including AP assigned proxy-settings)
          -(Write it into install program).

-and make an image of the kernel including the driver..

-(Then install over FTP.)

---------------------------------------

...    I LIKE a CHALLENGE.  (I somewhat chose this method for that
reason.   I think/know I can do it..  (But I need more information).

---   Please SEND SOME INFO.

                          (I would like to see if I can do this/Learn more
                           as I do it...

                             (Do something which has not been done yet.)

--- Also, if I can please have a (couple) CD sent to :

 Erin Emerson
 4300 University Dr.  Apt. G-8(3)
 Juneau, AK. 99801

----------------------

Prefer reading Scientific Literature/articles (Technical),  Can generally
understand them, eventually...  (Understand quite a bit/most at this
point...  (It IS true that I know quite a bit more Now than 2
years ago..)  (Heuristic= stay focused, shoot for incredibly hing ande
evenutally you will reach it.)

LONG TERM goal (has been):   Construct a theory of consciousness
      (Prove ...

               (Communicate a certain message and construct theories,

 ---------------
   (Once upon a time was highly focused, brilliant and saw where many
different systems fit together on multi-levels..  Could solve problems
very effectively..  (PLAN to GET THERE AGAIN)

 ---------------

(Currently designing a neural network
(most likely feed-forward & feed-backward)   of a particular specie of
bird...  (Including (the effect of 'stochastic resonance' and noise
upon....

(Eventually     (once I REFOCUS myself) I would like to design a
motherboard which evolves  (using a DIFFERENT algorithm than   ... (In 2
yrs or so)    (Using (instrument below) as prototype..  (Will interact
with 'biofrequencies' to make art(visual) and music...   -->(There will be
an algorithm for it to evolve..        (As well as possibly interact with
the person, in such a way that it 'mirrors' the person's energetic field
and "inspires the person to evolve..."

        (There is much more to this and I have lots of work to do
furthering the design idea(s)..

(The above may actually be 2 projects.
(Motherboard,  &"Mirror", (which gives the person puzzles..))
    --(As well as "tactile feedback mechanism with music/ " (whil a person
                   is creating the music...

My BIG job is NOW to: Get organized, and remember all of the design
details, (work out and flesh out skeletal structure then make happen..)  I
have had many specific ideas in the past as to how these projects might be
completed, (and I remember them..)  So I must get organized and finish the
ideas, make them happen....

+VERY Important project:  (MOST important) for my own benefit=  Write a
book on my             (theories  of consciousness  & get back to
                       philosophical world view and 'mission in Life')

As well as write narrative/art/fiction book

(Italo Calvino) is a favorite.

       --(To get out of scatteredness (and temporary disorganization)
          As well as create something wonderful...  /Construct a
          wonderful open (future of self= (Mystery and definition of
          self, .....  (MUCH MORE HERE..)          &more within this
                                        'discovery/creation of ')...

-   THANK you for hearing me ramble..  (I nd it now.  (Incomplete
                                                          thought here..)

                               --My goal is to become revolutionary and
brilliant again in my ideas..   (Have new insights/ &eurekas again which
have

ERIN EMERSON

       Anyway, (I know this has very little to do with the initial
                question of installing FreeBSD using a WAV/LAN card, but
                it was good for me to get this out anyway...  Now to write
                a book, and tackle all of these projects/problems...

Current project:

The design and implemen. of:

-A musical instrument which uses human electromagnetic frequencies
 within the (nervous system &..) to create music.  (will simulate/graph
the exact pattern/micro-rhythms in sound..     (As well as.. create some
sort of interface for the person to interact with, control the instrument
(through movement?  (as a theremin? or...)

(outside of controlling the energetic frequencies  (Yogi's are great at
this:  hence, the mirror for an evolving energetic system within a person
(or teaching the person to eventually induce ecstatic experience and
visions, increased neuronal connections, etc     -This is the eventual
message I want to portray with my invention (As well as theories,
books, visualArtwork(AlexGrey) & political messages..    (I WANT to be
heard/ and Reorganize, ground my work.   A

...  (EXERCISE MORE CONTROL over the self)

                  ---(Other details as part of this,..

--(Xtra project= musical modelling of biomolecules and DNA..)

    As well as construct a Theory  (of

 (I know this language sounds rather scattered, disorganized, and
 unspecific.