Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:23:51 -0600
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@scl.ameslab.gov>
To:        Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NATd and redirect_port

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Capriotti wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
> We had to remove the NT security hole from its "gateway" position on the
> network, for obvious questions. Of course, iin its place wwe installed
> FreeBSD 3.3-Release.
>
> Problem is that, to keep things going, w/o too much effort for local
> sysadmins, the email still has to be handled by the NT box. Not a big deal.
>
> Problem is: address 206.1.1.1, which was the gateway's, is now the FBSD's.
> Email server was responding to 206.1.1.1
>
> I was trying to use NATd to forward any traffic to ports 25 and 110 to the
> NT box like this:
>
> (called from .../rc.d/nats.sh during boot)
>
> natd -n ed1 -redirect_port 192.16.1.100:25 25
> natd -n ed1 -redirect_port 192.16.1.100:110 110

I believe both of these port redirections need to occur within the same
natd process.  I use a natd configuration file for my firewall, but
perhaps you could keep everything on the command line like this:

natd -n ed1 -redirect_port 192.168.1.100:25 25 -redirect_port \
	192.168.1.100:110 110

(noting from the rest of your message that the internal net number was
192.168.1)

Hope this helps,
Guy

Guy Helmer, Ph.D. Candidate, Iowa State University Dept. of Computer Science
Research Assistant, Ames Laboratory       ---         ghelmer@scl.ameslab.gov
Research Assistant, Dept. of Computer Science   ---   ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu
Teaching Assistant, ComS 652 Distributed Operating Systems
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~ghelmer