Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 1997 17:42:23 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: INTs on the bt848

I've got, around here somewhere, a structure definition I made of the
Bt848 local registers, complete with all of the bitfields necessary to
get the packing correctly aligned.   My goal was to replace the
current idiom of dereferencing a pointer of the appropriate type
to a simple structure reference.  This would make it less likely that
you'd do the wrong thing with the wrongly typed pointer (e.g., u_char * vs
u_long *).

I may take a shot at that when things settle down a bit - I'm not sure when
exactly that will be with tax time and travel approaching.

louie