Date:      Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:45:13 -0400
From:      David Samms <dsamms@nw-ds.com>
To:        FREEBSD-STABLE <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FTP - Large file transfers (6.1)

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 14:19 -0400, Brian Tao wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, David Samms wrote:
> >
> > I patched the two files and rebuild world, the kernel, and pureFTP.
> > I have retested the default FTP and pureFTP with the same failure.
> >
> > Anyone know how I can get more debug info?
>
>     Have you attempted the same FTP test over loopback using local
> filesystems only, to eliminate external network factors and NIC driver
> faults?

Ran four FTP transfers through lo0 without a failure.  I am not sure how
much that proves.  Guess if conditions are perfect a ftp transfer can
succeed.

Has anyone tried to duplicate my problem on a LAN?  Not sure how this
could be related to hardware, but am setting up two other machines as
client/server with a new x-talk cable.  Also will run FreeBSD 5.4 on my
original setup.