Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 02:21:09 -0300
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: **HEADS-UP** ficl changes change `base' type

"Daniel C. Sobral" wrote:

> > I have no idea why this change was made - it breaks FORTH compatibility.
> > I can't find anything in ficl.sourceforge.net (except that someone has
> > helpfully stripped all the CR's off ficl205.tar before it was gzip'd -
> > which upsets tar quite a bit).

John Sadler is not a Unix user, and has no experience with Unix, and
doesn't have one, as a matter of fact. All that's there on sourceforge
was produced using tools under Windows, and he is making an effort to
make things available for us poor Unix users, but he can't test them,
and he doesn't even know exactly what we want. If you know exactly how
to produce a .tar.gz under Windows that is suitable for our use, I'm
sure he would appreciate the help.

> Ugh! I wasn't aware of this, and I can guarantee this will be fixed.

Done. :-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	Caffeine is proof that God hates mornings too