Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2001 09:29:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jon Nathan <jon@rupture.net>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
Cc:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH

i can confirm problems with at least the ssh.com ssh2 client
connecting to openssh2.3.0 (4.2-stable).  maybe i have an old version
of the ssh.com client - i haven't worried a whole lot about it because
an upgrade is planned for the box with the ssh.com client anyway.

jon@froody:~> which ssh
/usr/bin/ssh
jon@froody:~> ssh -V
ssh: SSH Secure Shell 2.1.0.pl2 (non-commercial version)
jon@froody:~> ssh w2.chaffee.com
ssh in free(): warning: chunk is already free.
warning: Authentication failed.
warning:
Disconnected; key exchange or algorith negotiation failed (Key
exchange failed.).
jon@froody:~> ssh -v w2.chaffee.com
warning: Development-time debugging not compiled in.
warning: To enable, configure with --enable-debug and recompile.
debug: hostname is 'w2.chaffee.com'.
debug: Unable to open /home/jon/.ssh2/ssh2_config
warning: Development-time debugging not compiled in.
warning: To enable, configure with --enable-debug and recompile.
debug: connecting to w2.chaffee.com...
debug: entering event loop
debug: ssh_client_wrap: creating transport protocol
debug: Ssh2Client/sshclient.c:1015/ssh_client_wrap: creating userauth
protocol
debug: Remote version: SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_2.3.0
debug: Ssh2Client/sshclient.c:349/keycheck_key_match: Host key found
from database.
ssh in free(): warning: chunk is already free.
warning: Authentication failed.
debug: client_disconnect: Key exchange failed.
debug: Ssh2/ssh2.c:77/client_disconnect: locally_generated = TRUE
warning:
Disconnected; key exchange or algorith negotiation failed (Key
exchange failed.).
debug: uninitializing event loop
jon@froody:~>
jon@froody:~> ssh1 w2.chaffee.com
jon@w2.chaffee.com's password:
Last login: Mon Mar  5 14:12:13 2001 from froody.rupture.n
Copyright (c) 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994
        The Regents of the University of California.  All rights
reserved.
FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE (CHAFFEE) #1: Sat Mar  3 23:01:25 EST 2001

w2.chaffee.com

Stay away from hurricanes for a while.
jon@w2:~>

-jon