Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:43:21 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
To:        stranger@sbk-gw.sibnet.ru (Maxim M. Kazachek)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVSUP

> >Yeah, there are about 17 sites in the USA. Best to run traceroute on each
> >to find the fastest site. Sometimes closer is not better.... many are more
> >than 20 hops while another is only 11 hops (from here).... but depends on
> >your location too.
> 	Unfortunately, I can't update security sources from USA due to export
> laws.

Are you sure? The USA laws have changed and what you get from internat
nowadays are exactly what you get from any USA mirror. There isn't any
international crypto code in FreeBSD anymore. The only reason the crypto
code is seperate in the binary distributions is because some countries
have very restrictive crypto laws.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@icomtek.csir.co.za