Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 07:15:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Christopher J. Michaels" <cjm2@weeble.DynDns.ORG>
To:        Strange Alex <strange@unicon.ru>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: UDMA

Yes I did get it solved.  It was a compatability issue with the
motherboard.

What was happening was that the BIOS was recognizing the UDMA/66
capability of the harddrives, even though the chipset is only capable of
UDMA/33.  I belive when FreeBSD was requesting a DMA transfer the system
was trying to use UDMA/66 and failing.[

A BIOS update that limits to UDMA/33 resolved this problem for me.

-Chris