Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:17:52 +0900
From:      Takanori Watanabe <takawata@init-main.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem (probably) related to policykit.

Hi, I am new to gnome desktop environment.

I have problem about gnome environment on FreeBSD-10CURRENT amd64.

The problem is that it takes considerably long time to be able to oparate,
and some gnome-aware application, like gnome-terminal,
will not came up from system menu.

With some investigation, I found
* upowerd and packagekitd abort .
* consolekitd blocks, killing consolekit will starts the pending
applications previously ordered to start.

And both phenomenon is related to polkitd.
consolekit says
"polkit_authority_check_authorization: assertion POLKIT_IS_AUTHORITY failed"
and upowerd dies with
"Error initializing authority: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1: Timeout was reached"

What should I do next?