Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:50:04 GMT
From:      Aldis Berjoza <graudeejs@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-chromium@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/165259: www/chromium inspect doesn't work

The following reply was made to PR ports/165259; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Aldis Berjoza <graudeejs@gmail.com>
To: George Liaskos <geo.liaskos@gmail.com>, bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:39:52 +0200

 On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 10:19:13 +0200
 Aldis Berjoza <graudeejs@gmail.com> wrote:

 > On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 21:08:34 +0200
 > George Liaskos <geo.liaskos@gmail.com> wrote:
 >
 > > Hello,
 > >
 > > Do you compile all your ports with clang? If so, please try to
 > > recompile devel/google-perftools with gcc.
 > > There are some tests that fail when tcmalloc is compiled with clang.
 > >

 > > Regards,
 > > George
 >
 > No, I only compiled chrome with clang in hope that it would fix the
 > problem.
 >
 > I'll try to recompile chrome with gcc again, first system gcc, then
 > gcc 4.6. I'll let you know, but most likely I'll have same problem

 I found root cause of my problems
 I've setup dmenu to lauch chrome with these commandline options:
 --disable-sync --block-reading-third-party-cookies
 --disk-cache-dir=/tmp/.chrome --lang=en --disable-internal-flash
 --no-default-browser-check --disable-pepper-3d-for-untrusted-use
 --disable-session-storage --disable-local-storage

 Turns out, inspect doesn't work when --disable-local-storage is set
 I found out about this, when I launched chrome from console and it
 worked, but when I launched it from dmenu, it didn't.

 So I suppose this pr can be closed, however I still think that having
 --disable-local-storage and inspect not working is a bug in chrome.

 --
 Aldis Berjoza